About Homer Federation
In a first approach, “Federation” means the virtual system composed by a software able to create a common catalogue and an index supported by a search engine that using the translator component, allows multi language search of metadata. The metadata catalogue is built using the metadata cards exposed by all Homer Open Data Portals’ Partners.
Homer Federation is conceived as potentially open to future accession by other Partners -free to conduct their own Open Data initiative independently of the HOMER project- with the opportunity to aggregate their respective and complementary skills in order to maximize advantages and effects of a common federated index.
1. Have an Open Data Portal or have Open Data exposed at an url
2. Have Open Data related to the 5 Homer categories (agriculture, culture, energy, environment, tourism)
3. Have a metadata structure that meets these common fields.
4. Provide 2 urls to retrieve the metadata (url1: Package List, url2: Package Dataset) in one of this way supported:
Download the technical documents for development of the federation.
Procedure to follow
1. Read the document Memorandum of Understanding for New Stakeholders Joining Homer Federation
2. If you would like to join the Homer Fedetarion, please fill the application form bellow
3. Read the email that you will receive from the homer project staff
4. Sign the “MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING FOR NEW STAKEHOLDERS JOINING HOMER FEDERATION”.